Friday, December 5, 2008

Lost :(

I feel as if KK and LL are ALWAYS going to be in competition with each other. I'm not sure how people with twins cope.

So both KK and LL need to do a timeline project. LL is doing his on Larry and KK is doing hers on me.

KK's was due today so we got to work right away last night. We had already had almost everything laid out it just needed the pictures to be glued on and such. As we were working she decided she wanted to get some scrapbooking embellishments for the years we don't have pictures. So off to walmart we went. I got everything she wanted and got back to get going again.

As we were cutting things out the other kids wouldn't leave her alone. They all wanted to give their opinions or help out especially LL. I explained to him that it was really nice that he was offering but he needed to work on his and she needed to do hers. She started to get really frustrated and wouldn't stop crying. I couldn't figure out why when I was doing everything she wanted to do.

At one point I had to stop her mid project and go into a different room and inquire as to what had gotten her so upset. She looked at me with sad eyes and said "I'm dumb". I insured her that she was NOT dumb and asked why she thought that. She said that when everyone tells her or offers up their opinions on the way she should do her project it makes her feel like she is stupid and can't do it on her own. So I apologized if I had did or said anything to make her feel that way and then I told her I would make sure everyone stayed away.

I went out and let her work on the living room floor and eventually she asked for my help but I only did the things she asked for and that seemed to help a little.

Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I'm just too over protective. I just know what a good job she can do and maybe I just overstepped my bounds. I just don't know. Couldn't they write a manual on the right way to raise kids?


Photobucket

0 comments: